Free assistance is available for high school students who are trying to make decisions about their futures but don’t know how to do it. Virginia’s Longwood University is offering free, online courses to help them make those decisions. Whether they are thinking about entering the work force or college, participants will be exposed to lessons that will allow them to consider things that will help them to make more informed choices about the next phase of their lives.
Approved by the Virginia Department of Education, this course will address the following topics:
- Projecting the Best in You: Communication and Presentation Skills
- Playing Well with Others (The Interpersonal)
- Internalizing the Habits of Successful People (The Intrapersonal)
- Training Your Brain to Make Good Choices (Critical Thinking)
- Navigating the Path to Put Your Best Professional Foot Forward
This free, interactive course is open to all, but participants must register online quickly because it is limited to 5,000 students. This course begins on October 1, so time is of the essence!